Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Getting there...

I have been following my second cousin's blog for some time now.  Even though we don't know each other very well, we often have to comment on the similarities we share.  The latest one being, not having written our blogs  since September.  I had to chuckle when I checked to see if she had written recently as I was gearing up to get back in the saddle and sure enough there was " The Dirty Bohemian" with a couple of entries over the past few days.  She, like me, feeling like she had to explain her absence....busy, has been writing and working and studying.....Funny how we feel like we have to explain ourselves.

Since my last entry I have been busy too.  I started doing some stuff on ebay, trying to make some money for the travel fund by selling off stuff in my cupboards, fun.

There was the sudden loss of a dear friend in September which took the wind out of my sails and has left all of us that knew him dumb-struck and numb,... still.

There was a health problem with a parent that turned out fine but was stressful at the time.  Relieved.
.
I haven't been able to get back to the joyful place where the writing comes from, but it is coming back slowly,
that familiar need to express daily life in the written word.

The words will come.



Be patient.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back! You and Auntie Cath and I all seemed to take a hiatus and return at the same time :)

    As for writing - sometimes the best stuff comes from a place that *isn't* joyful, doesn't it? Write through it all, baby :)

    ReplyDelete